Glenryck has a range of products in various sizes and flavours. All fresh
frozen for the best flavour and freshness. Glenryck is also full of protein
and omega 3 fatty acids, which have great health benefits.
Glenryck Pilchards are
available in the following
variants and sizes:
- Glenryck Pilchards in
(155 g; 400 g)
- Glenryck Pilchards
(155 g; 400 g)
The Incredible Pilchard
Pilchards are an excellent low calorie, low carbohydrate food. These small, silver coloured fish can be enjoyed as a healthy snack or regular meal due to the various nutrients the fish contains. Pilchards are an oily fish, which are very rich in omega-3 fatty acids. They contain no carbohydrates, which helps to stabilise blood sugar levels. This fish is one of the richest sources of fish protein. It contains vitamins, A, B, C, D and E. Various minerals occur in the fish such as iron, calcium, selenium, magnesium, phosphorous and potassium. It is also one of the few foods that contain the antioxidant, Coenzyme Q10. Pilchards have several health benefits:
- The small, oily fish contains various nutrients that promote heart health. Omega-3 fatty acids play a vital role in regulation of blood cholesterol levels. Vitamin B12, also found in high concentrations in the fish, helps to protect the walls of the arteries. This promotes cardiovascular health. The fish contains the antioxidant, Coenzyme Q10, which supports cardiovascular health.
- Proteins provide amino acids, which are vital for various growth functions. Amino acids enable the healthy growth and development of cells, connective tissues and muscles. Amino acids also sustain the distribution of oxygen and nutrients throughout the body. This helps to boost the immune system and overall health.
- Pilchards are a rich source of iron. This mineral plays a vital role in the supply of oxygen to red blood cells. It also helps to produce high energy levels, which is important for an active lifestyle. The fish also contains Coenzyme Q10 and vitamin B12, which enhance physical energy. It is an excellent food item that can help you enhance overall vitality.
- Calcium, magnesium and vitamin D play a vital role in the promotion of strong bones. Vitamin D facilitates the absorption of calcium in the body. Phosphorous helps to strengthen the bone matrix. Inadequate calcium intake is a lead cause for bone diseases such as osteoporosis. Regular inclusion of pilchards in the diet can help prevent osteoporosis.
- Pilchards are a great item to be integrated in a weight loss diet. The fish accelerates the body’s rate of metabolism. This increases the body’s capacity to burn fat. A healthy physical fitness program combined with a healthy diet helps to achieve healthy weight loss.